Z64

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out and improve the wiki!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Random junk  (Read 17853 times)

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 136250978
    • View Profile
Re: Random junk
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 06:18:01 PM »

Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Crystal (GBC only), Tetris DX, Pocket Puyo Puyo 4 (GBC only) and R-Type DX.

Compatibility is kinda hit and miss - especially for GBC games -, some GUI-related things like the FPS limit and counter are iffy, etc., etc. Still, first release coming soon, tomorrow or something probably.

It's gone pretty far since this here, I suppose:

EDIT:

And it's even better now, with some fixes to GBC-specific features (WRAM bank switching and CPU speed changes):

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC only), Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, GBC Promo Demo (GBC only), Pocket Bomberman, Mega Man Xtreme and Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon.

EDIT 2:

Got the program to create a horrible screeching noise - which is good, because now that I'm actually capable of playing sound I can look into sound emulation again :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:23:08 PM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Arcaith

• Administrator
  • Keeping it real. Or something.
    • MSN Messenger - henna.gaikokujin@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 11:33:12 AM »

Love the name, and the progress is looking great :D
pantsu~

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 07:24:10 PM »

SharpBoy v0.1 is out - http://magicstone.de/dzd/sharpboy/

No sound so far, tho - got some very quiet noise out that did resemble channel 1 somewhat, but that's nowhere near actual sound output yet.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 10:08:01 PM »

Ran into a problem straight off.
Fatal error in initialization!
REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG: Class not registered (-2147221164)
Void Throw[T](System.Object, System.Object)

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 10:28:15 PM »

Uhm... only thing I can imagine is that you're missing the .NET Framework, or at least the current version of it:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0a391abd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7

EDIT: And/or maybe the SlimDX End User Runtime: http://slimdx.org/download.php <- "Install .NET 4.0"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 11:04:13 PM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 04:08:54 PM »

Right, so there were two problems with that build. For one, it does need the SlimDX runtimes (all apps using that appear to -.-), and second, the not yet really working sound code seems to have problems as well, which caused crashes even with the SlimDX runtimes.

New release v0.1a out at the SharpBoy site.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2011, 05:56:15 PM »

SharpBoy v0.2 - http://magicstone.de/dzd/sharpboy/

- GBC DMA emulation fixed, transfer length wasn't being calculated correctly; fixes incorrect and missing graphics in some games
- LCDC emulation improved, fixes flickering and slowdown in certain games and demos
- MBC5 ROM bank select fixed; many more Game Boy Color games now start and/or run further
- Timing of screen drawing improved, which results in less graphical glitches with ex. flickering sprites for pseudo-transparency
- Temporary hack added to allow the Zelda: Oracle games to boot correctly, coupled with the above fixes they now go in-game
- DMG and CGB bootstrap ROMs now supported; have to be named DMG_ROM.bin and CGB_ROM.bin and enabled via the menu
- Manual system type selection implemented, emulator can now be forced to run in GB or GBC mode (not complete yet)
- Controls can be changed via the GUI
- Other minor GUI and usability improvements (ex. path to last ROM image run is saved to config.xml)
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

marshallh

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 06:18:59 AM »

crazy job.

"I'm bored, time to write a gameboy emulator"

Props!

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 03:37:30 PM »

Had already released v0.3 two weeks ago, but hadn't posted about it here: http://magicstone.de/dzd/sharpboy/

v0.3 (May 11th 2011)
  • Switched rendering from using SlimDX to OpenTK, SlimDX Runtimes no longer needed; video filtering now selectable
  • GBC DMA copy operations improved, fixes certain DMA transfers spanning different areas of memory
  • Improved support for "undocumented" I/O registers, Demotronic Demo no longer detects the emulator and now runs with some glitches
  • Above change, coupled with improved graphics emulation, also fixed colorization of monochrome games via the CGB bootstrap ROM
  • Preliminary MBC emulation for Pocket Camera / Game Boy Camera; no actual camera support
  • Frame skipping and speed-up functionality implemented
  • ROMs can now be loaded from ZIP archives (using the DotNetZip library); recent ROM history added to menu

And also, there's v0.4 in the pipeline, to be released soon:

• Fixed compatibility regression with GBC DMA transfers, affects ex. Pokemon Puzzle Challenge
  • Improved LCD Status interrupt generation, fixes faked high-color display in certain Game Boy Color games
  • Some improvements in handling of disabled LCD; ex. Zelda: Oracle games no longer freeze when leaving the menu
  • Improved timer emulation and improved emulation of HALT opcode, fixes ex. Stunt Race FX Demo
  • Added crude frame blending via OpenGL; blends currently drawn frame with previous frame to better simulate pseudo-transparency (see below)
  • Added option to keep aspect ratio intact when resizing window; also double-clicking the game screen maximizes/normalizes the window
  • Added drag-and-drop capabilities to GUI, ROMs can now be loaded by dropping them into the program window
  • Very minor GUI changes

Also, just as a preliminary note or whatever, both SharpBoy and SayakaGL partially run via Mono, both having certain deal-breaking issues (SharpBoy's menu doesn't appear, both tend to crash when using their GUIs).

EDIT:

Proper MBC7 emulation including tilt sensor, thanks to GEST's implementation of that MBC.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:39:08 PM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »

cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2011, 11:00:07 PM »

This is kinda big jump from "well, it's not crashing anymore" to "let's play gameboy games with the wiimote"

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2011, 01:45:15 AM »

Well, I've been working on the whole thing for 3 months now, putting way too much time into the project than I probably should have...

Also, more status update stuff; the MBC5's Rumble feature (used in ex. Pokemon Pinball) is now emulated if you're using a Wiimote, and the Wiimote's battery status is shown via its 4 LEDs (> 0%, > 25%, > 50%, >75%) as well as in the control settings dialog.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

marshallh

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2011, 02:31:05 AM »

Works great here. Only thing that had problems was 20y/Snorpung

edit: How do you find half-carry flag (H) when doing ops? I just see if low nibble was 0x0 or 0xF before the op. Dunno if that works for all cases!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 07:00:38 PM by marshallh »

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2011, 08:40:21 AM »

I have to say, I ended up more or less copying the logic for the carry and half-carry flags for certain ops from VBA, mainly for Add/Adc, Sub/Sbc and Daa. Especially C and H made me rage when I was writing the core; they were often set correctly in most cases, but one or two games would freak out and die.

And yeah, 20y has some problems... Missing some mid-scanline effects ala Prehistorik Man (but here modifying SCY, not BGP, I guess) in at least the first part, which I can't seem to get right, and those missing scanlines in the second part...

EDIT: SharpBoy v0.4 released - http://magicstone.de/dzd/sharpboy/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:01:30 PM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2011, 08:47:42 PM »

Gotta stress that this is NOT aimed to be something like SayakaGL, thus a fully-featured level editor, etc. This was born from two things: 1) the desire to make Sayaka's Ucode simulator more portable and more complete than it currently is (not started integrating it here yet, tho :P), and 2) MariOZMAV is a bug-ridden mess that was still based on the original OZMAV, so I'll try to make a more modern base upon which - most likely - someone else can try and build something on.

EDIT:

See? Was already distracted by something else... that is, being a dirty cheater!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:02:57 AM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5