Z64

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out and improve the wiki!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Zelda OoT Animated Actor Viewer  (Read 43451 times)

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 136250978
    • View Profile
Zelda OoT Animated Actor Viewer
« on: November 06, 2010, 04:09:09 AM »

ALL HAIL QUEEN GOHMA!

ZSaten Win32, Dec 01 2010 21:04:12
- http://code.google.com/p/ozmav/downloads/detail?name=ZSaten-Dec012010-210412.rar
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:44:47 AM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

spinout

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Zelda OoT Animated Actor Viewer
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 06:02:19 AM »

Cross platform (based on ozmav), I would assume? I could definitely contribute to this when I/we have some time.
biggrin.gif

Arcaith

• Administrator
  • Keeping it real. Or something.
    • MSN Messenger - henna.gaikokujin@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 06:53:44 AM »

Nice :D Models look like they're being drawn pretty much perfectly and the animations look like they're running at the right speed. Looking forward to further progress ^_^
pantsu~

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »

spinout: Not yet cross-platform, but getting OZMAV's oz wrapper code over is the next thing I'll be working on. Should be a matter of 30 minutes or something at most that I going to spend on it later on today.

Arcaith: Animation speed is actually totally arbitrary right now, going at something like half the program's FPS or so, but you're right that it does look pretty good like this already. Also, there's the matter of the missing joint vertices (ex. look at Saria, the glimpse at 0:25 in the video) that might, however, be easier to experiment with in this standalone tool instead of in OZMAV.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 11:30:29 PM »

Win32 binary: http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/ZSaten_v01.rar - the source (cross-platform; using oz, MISAKA and badRDP, all of which had some bugfixes done to them as well) will go onto the SVN once loading from ROM is done, which it hopefully will be by Monday. Also still need to think of a nice backronym for Z"Saten"... "Standalone AcTor ..." ... uh, whatever.

Usage: "ZSaten.exe <actor overlay file> <object file>", ex. "ZSaten.exe ovl_Boss_Goma object_goma"

Controls: OZMAV2-style camera control (mouse + WASD/TFGH) plus the following...
- Cursor keys: rotate actor independently from camera
- Tab: toggle bone structure rendering (see UoT)
- Space: toggle animation playback
- F3/F4: select animation to use
- Numpad +/-: select animation frame to render
- F9: reset camera

In addition, there's the console commands options (allows changing of some of the above, plus texturing and wireframe mode) and about. Hopefully didn't forget anything substantial.

Bugs: probably quite a few, one thing I know is that libbadRDP's combiner emulation is buggy and, when enabled (which in ZSaten it is not and cannot be currently), messes up ex. Gohma's colors.

cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

spinout

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »

If it isn't too much of a stretch, you could attempt using libz64 to load things from ROM. It takes care of differences between ROM versions, compression, etc for you - though I guess you could transfer over OZMAV's functionality.
biggrin.gif

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 01:52:23 AM »

spinout: Yeah, this was an opportunity to try out something new, but I ended up reusing OZMAV's code - was probably the easier way, considering I know the code and all that.

Anyway, preliminary support for loading from ROM is in, long before the Monday I mentioned... if only I was always this fast and motivated, huh? :P That said, it still needs quite a bit of work to be stable and compatible with as many actors as possible...

cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 01:57:55 AM »

ZSaten Win32, Nov 08 2010 02:45:08: http://code.google.com/p/ozmav/downloads/detail?name=ZSaten-Nov082010-024508.rar
Source code: http://code.google.com/p/ozmav/source/browse/#svn/trunk/zsaten

Usage: "ZSaten.exe <ROM file>"

Controls: see above, but add F1/F2 to select the actor to render, as well as the console command "actor #" where # is a number from 0 to 470.

Not all actors render, many don't show anything at all, and at least 3 (233, 358 and 377) crash the viewer when loading them, just as a few crash it when trying to view certain animations.

cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Arcaith

• Administrator
  • Keeping it real. Or something.
    • MSN Messenger - henna.gaikokujin@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 07:10:20 AM »

Duuude :D Downloading this latest build, looks nice :D
pantsu~

Zeth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:16 AM »

Its looking really good Xdan, does this only support those object models who have an actor to be associated with or will it support stand alone actors with the ability to select an animation from a file like in UoT?

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 03:30:20 PM »

Hey, I just recently formatted my computer and I'm probably missing some stuff, but the program crashes every time I open it. What does this use to run?

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 05:32:44 PM »

Zeth: It currently only supports whole actors - that is, those with both actor overlay and object files (ex. ovl_En_Sa and object_sa) - but despite that already scans the object file for all possible animations. In addition, if mips-eval wasn't able to find a bone/hierarchy structure, it also scans the file for that (allows ex. Mido to be rendered, if I recall correctly). Support for objects without a corresponding actor file is another good idea, tho, and I already thought about how to implement that while I was out earlier today. I still need to look into loading animations from separate files, however.

Mallos31: Crashes in what way? Do you get a Windows error message or something? Or, in case if it simply closes when you start, did you specify a ROM file on the command line? It doesn't have any kind of loadrom console command ala OZMAV yet, so you need to start it with a ROM as a parameter.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 05:45:25 PM »

That's what happened. First, it told me it was looking for that data\font.bmp in the C: Drive. Then when I got it in there, it started looking for it in the folder with the program. Now I get this.

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 09:27:34 PM »

Mallos31: Okay, that's kinda weird... What Windows version are you running? I haven't tested it under anything but XP yet, so maybe it's a problem with Vista and/or 7. I will try it on my laptop running 7 later on, and see if I also get crashes.

Status update: Well... I'll let the actor speak: "Ohh, I'm so lonely-... oh, I mean low-res..."

EDIT: Have we seen this guy before?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:13:51 AM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Zeth

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 12:46:01 AM »

Wow Xdan! Great work and in such a short time! The second one is the beta soldier which can be seen in Zelda's courtyard during the prerelease.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10