Z64

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out and improve the wiki!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: OZMAV2 r268, Win32: Jun 14 2011 10:28:54  (Read 26619 times)

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 136250978
    • View Profile
OZMAV2 r268, Win32: Jun 14 2011 10:28:54
« on: January 07, 2010, 07:06:23 PM »

Project OZMAV2:
Windows, Jun 14 2011 10:28:54: http://code.google.com/p/ozmav/downloads/detail?name=OZMAV2-Jun142011-102854.rar
Linux...? Uhm, better just build it yourself...

See the rest of the thread / the program's source for more info.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:35:27 AM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Zeth

• View Profile
Re: OZMAV - OpenGL Zelda Map Viewer - v0.8 / r87
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 06:49:39 PM »

http://code.google.com/p/ozmav/

Well, you know about that thing. Just reposting the thread in case I ever get to fixing Wavefront .obj dumping and the like. For that, use r76.

Maybe its just me, but for some reason, using R76 to do .obj exporting, I get messed up meshes(you can't even recognize it was map), like stretched polygons. o.o

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 07:37:06 PM »

That's weird... I just tried exporting with r76 again and it does work for me:

Disregard the missing textures, that's probably part that viewer's and part OZMAV's fault. They did show up correctly in another viewer, which however seems to have a buggy GUI or something... But anyway, the model itself is certainly being dumped correctly for me.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Zeth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 04:24:54 AM »

That's definitely not what I get o.o

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 08:58:55 PM »

While I was looking up various bits of code in OZMAV while hacking away on SM64toZ64, I couldn't help but notice how convoluted OZMAV's code was. It's not exactly logically structured, it's highly dependant on the Windows API and it's full of non-working and/or commented out sections of code.

So, pretty much on a whim, I decided to restart it from scratch and do it differently - among other things, it's gonna be "semi-cross-platform" from the start. That means, while the platform-specific code for both Win32 and Linux/X is in the same branch, wrapper functions and a bunch of "#ifdef WIN32"s (plus different build targets) make the same code compile on both platforms without any changes. An example:

The line if(oz_InitProgram(APPTITLE, 640, 480)) return -1; is in the main function, some lines above the main loop. That calls the following function:

int oz_InitProgram(char * WndTitle, int Width, int Height)
{
   #ifdef WIN32
   return WinAPIInit(WndTitle, Width, Height);
   #else
   return XInit(WndTitle, Width, Height);
   #endif
}

The function WinAPIInit inside __win32.c contains the window creation and OpenGL initialization code for Windows (CreateWindowEx and the like), while XInit inside __linux.c contains the same for Xlib (no GTK or anything yet). Probably still an ugly hack, but hey, it's working well enough on both OS.

...but tl;dr, after the Experimental N64 Object Viewer and OZMAV, here comes the semi-cross-platform "OZMAV2" (tentative title):

(and no, that's just some OGL demo code being rendered there, I've only barely started interpreting the map and scene headers...)

EDIT: Prior to going to bed, two more screenshots demonstrating the "semi-cross-platform-ity":

No code changes, just built target "Debug - Win32" and "Debug - Linux".
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:53:02 PM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

spinout

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 06:08:04 AM »

here we go again... :D
biggrin.gif

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »

Uhhh... roadblock. Texturing works on Windows (with a slight memory leak) but completely freezes the system on Linux after a few seconds. I can't kill the X server and can't switch to another terminal, I have to turn off the machine. I guess I should look into the memory leak, then try it under Linux again. OpenGL-related segfault? I dunno...

Positive: "semi-cross-platform" still works perfectly. Of course, excluding the system crash.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Zeth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »

I'm a bit surprised you redoing it but knowing you we can expect some good things from you. :)
Do you plan to try to implement actor rendering withing the maps as well? (which would be Amazing since spinout has been the only one to do it)

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 12:18:26 PM »

Transparency is messed up, multi-texturing only seems to work right after loading Kokiri Forest once, and then going back to whatever map, scenes with multiple maps only load and show the first one, GUIs are nonexistent on both OS, etc... But at least it doesn't crash the whole Linux system anymore when texturing is enabled (probably related to the fact that this machine has 512 MB video RAM while my old laptop only has 32 MB...?).

As for true actor rendering, I might look into it - like I actually did with OZMAV ages ago (there's still some shitty, commented out, non-working code for that inside it) - but I won't promise anything.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 02:11:36 AM »

Model dumping to Wavefront .obj is in, using libpng to dump textures as PNGs, thus preserving alpha channels where they exist. Sometimes the wrong textures are applied, but it's way less severe than with recent "OZMAV1" revisions, but at least texture coordinates seem to be right every time. All that is not yet tested under Linux, since I can't be bothered to boot up my Linux machine at 3am. I'm still rather awake, mostly thanks to Mami Kawada's PSI-missing now repeating for the xth time (around 70?) and a 2l bottle of Coke emptied in something like 15 minutes, but I'm pretty much on my way to bed now.

I'm still clueless about the messed up multi-texturing and transparency problems, tho. The latter only affects transparent surfaces anymore, like water (textures with alpha channel are rendered properly now), but it's still very annoying considering it did work with OZMAV1 and OpenGL initialization is nearly identical between the two projects. Oh well, something for another day...

cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Arcaith

• Administrator
  • Keeping it real. Or something.
    • MSN Messenger - henna.gaikokujin@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 04:28:44 AM »

It's a bit of an OT question, but water transparency is controlled by the alpha setting of the vertex, right?

Ontopic, it's looking really nice :D
pantsu~

Zeth

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 10:46:53 AM »

This is still pretty incredible and really excited that your looking into true actor rendering as well :D
So far your progressing through it pretty nicely, I really think if you keep it up, OZmav is definitely
going to help us out a lot in rendering and making projects of our own.

EDIT: Actually want to ask about see if you wouldn't mind adding Majora's Mask Debug Rom on the support list? :3
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 09:19:21 PM by Zeth »

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 09:21:19 PM »

No bugfixes to report of - only that I added more bugs with my incomplete multi-room-scene loading code (uh... you know, like, for dungeons) - but something else that's nice:

Note the filename and especially the size (and all the debugging crap if you want). The only downside? I didn't write the most important part of the code myself, I only modified it a bit :P  It's taken from thakis' yaz0dec - http://www.amnoid.de/gc/

I still need to figure out some offsets for other ROM versions - all OoT's that aren't NTSC v1.0, all MM's that aren't PAL Debug -, but after that it's gonna be compatible with both compressed and decompressed ROMs.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Zeth

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 10:48:47 PM »

I really look forward to it ^_^
Seriously keep up the good work man.
Also the debug information is SERIOUSLY a nice feature to have in Ozmav.

spinout

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 07:40:02 AM »

Awesome stuff, xdaniel. I have envisioned a tool that would read compressed data for quite some time now, and this looks rather successful. Also, props on having both Windows and Linux compatibility.
biggrin.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7