Z64

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out and improve the wiki!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The wiki  (Read 10419 times)

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The wiki
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »

So... I tested the sound things, and the first one where it says "??? used" is a poe disappearing while you talk to it.
the one that says beta is, at least when I used it, the generic "something happened" sound. It's the alternate one, not the famous one XD
Everything else that I've tested so far is the same as what you put. But how do you find such random values?! I KNOW you didn't just sit down and type "0000, 0001, 0002...etc..."

originaLink

• Wiki Contributor
    • MSN Messenger - censored@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - censored
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
Heres the link
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 09:54:44 PM »

-Link not valid anymore-
Well I just searched the main ztxt file for 0x12. Do you honestly think I'm stupid enough to start somthing without a plan?
I told you I'm not a "noob". I just dislike attention.

Merged post follows

Thanks Spin!
Also I see you moved the info
wiki.spinout182.com/w/Zelda_64:_OoT_Text_Control_Code
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:53:52 AM by spinout »
"This account is active only for nostalgic purposes. I am off to bigger things but i may pop in once in a blue moon. I have no ill feelings but I'm just one individual."

spinout

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 03:31:57 PM »

... what was the purpose of that post? It adds nothing to this thread, the wiki, or the forums. I don't think you even need to post when you actually do update the wiki.
biggrin.gif

Marshall

• View Profile
    • 64.vg
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »

more suff but I didn't post it on the wiki yet because it's thoretical and open to debate (backspace(you cant miss it)).
You're pretty retarded, guy.

originaLink

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 09:47:08 PM »

Okay, its gone.
"This account is active only for nostalgic purposes. I am off to bigger things but i may pop in once in a blue moon. I have no ill feelings but I'm just one individual."

mzxrules

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 04:20:52 PM »

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Maps_and_Scenes#Environments_list

gggggghh hhhhiiii iijjjjjj kkkkkkll llllmmmm nnnn (repeats for each environment type)
Where:
g - k = unknown colors (format RRGGBB), usually 0x462D39, 0x494949, 0xB49A8A, 0xB7B7B7, 0x14143C

Is it possible that g-k are related to the colors that the skybox tween to?

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 136250978
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 06:15:24 PM »

Is it possible that g-k are related to the colors that the skybox tween to?

I think they were lighting colors, no idea which one's supposed to be which tho (that is ambient, specular, etc.).
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

cooliscool

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 08:11:12 AM »

Just had to say - for the first time in years, due to gaining an engagement, and an unhealthy obsession with the composing music/the piano; I've spent the night updating myself on the state of the Zelda 64 machine. The amount of progress made by xdaniel, spinout, et al (forgive the surely inadequate accreditation), in my absence, is simply staggering. Excellent stuff guys; I really am beginning to miss the scene.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 08:39:16 AM by cooliscool »

Jason777

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 02:35:15 AM »

Just had to say - for the first time in years, due to gaining an engagement, and an unhealthy obsession with the composing music/the piano; I've spent the night updating myself on the state of the Zelda 64 machine. The amount of progress made by xdaniel, spinout, et al (forgive the surely inadequate accreditation), in my absence, is simply staggering. Excellent stuff guys; I really am beginning to miss the scene.

Indeed a lot of time has passed by. I've never seen a post by you the entire time I've been around (almost 3 years) so you must have been gone quite a long while.

Wareya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 01:42:35 PM »

I was looking at the item documentation page (for stores/shops) and noticed it was basically an orphan page with no links to it, as well as a mistake of mine from back when I was looking for it. I didn't know about function pointers, so I didn't note them. I added a note saying there's probably function pointers in the item data, and fixed up the language in my old text.
Also, 801F0778 is executed every eight times a frame in the kokiri shop (all items present). I can only assume this means it's being called for every object, but I'm probably wrong. It was no use trying to go further down because I hit some other "generic" loop that was calling function pointers.
http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Item_Documentation

Also, while messing around with ASM, I found that setting the word at 80000C34 to NOP (originally a BEQ R0 R0(J?)) results in a freeze (Once I got it to crash with a little yellow horizontal line in the top left... Don't remember how I did that with this. I probably NOPed another break.) after a few frames of being executed (when going from point A to point B). Probably doesn't get to load anything. Might do something different on startup than room change. I don't know shit, so whatever.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:54:29 PM by Wareya »

Jason777

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 12:35:29 PM »

Nice update, Wareya. Those RAM addresses that were referenced in the shop data always interested me..

Wareya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 05:06:59 PM »

80238B7C in MQD RAM is 84A5 A864 but in ROM it's 84A5 C674 @ 00DF156C.

It's also executed ASM, so this means that OoT patches the instruction dynamically.

blue fire's shader # is loaded to 8023BCDC when you enter the hyrule potion shop; I don't understand the data structure

mzxrules

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2014, 04:27:25 AM »

I started messing with the wiki recently, organizing pages into categories and categories into categories. One thing that's bugging me is that there are a few pages that can't be modified by me for some reason or can only modify parts of.
For example, http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Actor_List I can't save my edits if I click edit at the top of the page, but I can if I edit from the credits portion.

Edit: The issue is caused by submitting an edit that has more than 3 external links in it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:50:26 AM by mzxrules »

originaLink

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2014, 12:36:03 AM »

Ive been having some problems. Some pages just doesn't display anything when edited but hey Im apparently the retarded guy!
Pages: 1 [2]