Z64

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out and improve the wiki!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: SayakaGL - Zelda OoT/MM level editor (merged)  (Read 33950 times)

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 136250978
    • View Profile
SayakaGL - Zelda OoT/MM level editor (merged)
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:08:18 PM »

v0.2, final version ever, binary and source: http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/SayakaGL-v02-binsrc.rar

Threads merged, current version is v0.1.1: http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/sayaka/SayakaGL_v011.rar

Well, it's not out yet, but in heavy development :P  Already many thanks to cooliscool (for UoT, which gave me many an inspiration and a bit of code, rewritten in C#), spinout (for confirming some assumptions, like the path and waypoint information interpreted in the screens below) and the beta testers.

Release coming (binary and source)... uh, in a few weeks, maybe less.

(...and man, Termina Field is a mess with path rendering on :P)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 05:59:01 PM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

haddockd1

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SayakaGL - New Level Editor for OoT/MM
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 09:02:24 PM »

Very nice. Do you ever stop programming? You are like a poster child for IBM.

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »

haddockd1: Never stopping, am even coding when I sleep! ...well, no, of course just kidding on that. I am hacking away on something more or less all the time in front of the PC, tho.

Also, short video time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oenWUZOK9WQ

EDIT: More short video time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBihMEhWlFs
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:26:16 PM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

haddockd1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 04:58:44 PM »

Looks like it is turning out quite nicely for you. What was the inspiration for editing the path of various NPCs?

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »

I suppose it was stumbling across the waypoint data in the first place. I was looking for something else in the room and scene headers - namely, how the game sets up the RAM segments used for ex. the windows in Kakariko (since have found that, but appears to be partially done using assembler so... yeah) - and by chance came across this information, which I then messaged spinout about, who confirmed my suspicions. It's a just big coincidence, basically :P
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
SayakaGL - New Zelda OoT/MM level editor
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »

Cross-posting from The GCN, basically.

SayakaGL v0.1 Public: http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/sayaka/SayakaGL_v01.rar
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Jason777

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: SayakaGL - New Zelda OoT/MM level editor
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 09:36:07 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Aside from the spamming, Yay!

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 12:36:48 AM »

Heh. because of my lack of OpenGL, only the textures in Water Temple render... Fuuuun.

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:02:09 PM »

Bugfix release v0.1.1, download at http://magicstone.de/dzd/random/sayaka/SayakaGL_v011.rar

Mallos31: This build might help with your texturing errors somewhat; it did do so for some guys at GCN who only got black textures or couldn't run it, period. If it works now, chances are rendering won't be correct - missing combiner emulation because of OpenGL extensions not being supported by your hardware - but it should at least look better.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:36:57 PM by xdaniel »
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 01:41:53 PM »

Well, now I can see the textures in Water Temple, most of them in the bottom of the well, the underwater part of the lakeside laboratory, the master sword room's floor (not the medallion symbols though, the triforce symbol over the door in the temple of time, the chamber of sages, but it looks weird and the platform tops are black. the Z-Plane is really off in there too. Walls and grass of castle courtyard. Some of the grass in kakariko village. but it looks really dark. Turns out I can see any grass on any outdoor scene, but it's really dark... 99% of Zora's domain looks fine. underwater in zora's fountain. Sand in haunted wasteland. ...one rock on death mountain... and that's it... sorry for the crazy long list, but maybe with that you can figure out what's up. Whether it's my computer or the program. I think some of those textures may be visible to me because they use a more simplistic combiner than others do. But I could be wrong.

Lin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 05:46:16 AM »

I joined just to tell you that this is really good, and the fact that you made it in C# is even better. Bravo, and good luck. It's looking great!

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SayakaGL - Zelda OoT/MM level editor (merged)
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 02:30:42 PM »

1) Noticed I had two threads for Sayaka here, so I merged them...

2) Mallos31: Not sure if I can help there. Disabling the combiner is basically just a fallback, so that people who can't run it correctly with the combiner can at least use the editing features correctly. Thus, I probably won't work on improving the combiner-less rendering much if at all...

3) Lin: Heh, thanks for the praise :)  Also, your name rings a bell; you're hacking the Oracle games, if I'm not mistaken? If so, I think I've read some of your posts at RHDN about the games, your editor, etc. - good luck with that to you as well!
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »

Would you happen to know if there's a such thing as an OpenGL emulator? Perhaps something that takes OpenGL commands and converts them to Direct3D commands? I know it wouldn't work perfectly, but maybe it would, if it exists, work better than... well... nothing.

Marshall

• View Profile
    • 64.vg
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 06:50:24 PM »

Would you happen to know if there's a such thing as an OpenGL emulator? Perhaps something that takes OpenGL commands and converts them to Direct3D commands? I know it wouldn't work perfectly, but maybe it would, if it exists, work better than... well... nothing.
Oh my god, stop being such a poor motherfucker and buy a new computer already. Or just fix your OS install problem, because I can guaran-fucking-tee you that there is no graphics chipset developed in the last 10 years that doesn't support OpenGL.

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 03:52:35 AM »

First of all, I just bought this computer.

Now, this is from the Intel website.

"The integrated graphics controller of the Intel? G45/G43/G41/Q43/Q45 Express Chipsets and Mobile Intel? 4 Series Express Chipset Family supports hardware acceleration for OpenGL* applications in 16-bit and 32-bit color depths. The latest Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator drivers provide support for the OpenGL version 2.0."

EDIT: Instead of apologizing, I figured I'd delete all the profanities. I blocked Marshall so there won't be anymore problems between us.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:18:12 PM by Mallos31 »
Pages: [1] 2 3