Z64

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out and improve the wiki!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Some of my ideas, from the outlandish, to the impossible.. maybe.  (Read 14781 times)

Arcaith

• Administrator
  • Keeping it real. Or something.
    • MSN Messenger - henna.gaikokujin@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Some of my ideas, from the outlandish, to the impossible.. maybe.
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 07:22:09 AM »

These aren't sorted, but I think they're a fairly complete collection.

OOT textures.
OZMAV2 is good for ripping textures, the most recent version mirrors the texture files on export if they're mirrored ingame by the engine so they're over the size limit, but you can halve them again in paint/photoshop/gimp, or use an earlier version, which I can post a link to if it's not on the OZMAV googlecode repository.

Maps look kickass, by the way :3
pantsu~

Anthus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »

That is perfect, thanks you. I can sort through them later, and maybe even organize them into folders to make it easier for others to use them? Who is the original ripper of these, since I think I should ask if it is okay.

And I'm glad you like my maps :) I'm going out for today, but I should be able to do some texturing later.

spinout

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 07:53:43 PM »

OZMAV2 is good for ripping textures, the most recent version mirrors the texture files on export if they're mirrored ingame by the engine so they're over the size limit, but you can halve them again in paint/photoshop/gimp, or use an earlier version, which I can post a link to if it's not on the OZMAV googlecode repository.
xdaniel and I agreed on a smart solution to texture mirroring - putting either ".smirror", ".tmirror", or ".stmirror" in the filename, as a flag to tell the converter to mirror the texture. That way they view properly in modeling programs, and the converter halves them and fixes UV coords accordingly. It has been implemented in
ozmav commit  273
libobj commit b9399ebe05e1 and 5b2939ebe926
But I'm not so sure if SharpOcarina has implemented it yet. SharpOcarina seems to have a few simple things waiting - marshallh's triangulation code, texture mirroring - any chance of seeing them in a build soon, xdaniel, so people can take advantage of these features?
biggrin.gif

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 136250978
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 11:39:53 PM »

But I'm not so sure if SharpOcarina has implemented it yet. SharpOcarina seems to have a few simple things waiting - marshallh's triangulation code, texture mirroring - any chance of seeing them in a build soon, xdaniel, so people can take advantage of these features?

Yeah, not yet implemented. I got distracted by the whole Wind Waker stuff, so I didn't really do anything with SharpOcarina in a while - not even adding marshallh's code, which would basically be copy and paste. I'll hopefully get to that tomorrow.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 02:50:38 AM »

Windwaker stuff? I'm intrigued.

Arcaith

• Administrator
  • Keeping it real. Or something.
    • MSN Messenger - henna.gaikokujin@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 04:14:58 AM »

I actually prefer working with the textures in a non-mirrored state, but I suppose I can adapt.

I ripped that texture archive myself using OZMAV2.
pantsu~

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 136250978
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 01:38:47 PM »

Windwaker stuff? I'm intrigued.

In short, several people at The GCN including myself - I guess kickstarted by Zant's notes about collision and initial actor changing by Kargaroc - have been messing around with WW (and to a much lesser extend TP), looking into file formats and such. We have a certain understanding of some things already, ex. can add and change actors, spawn points and waypoints, and edit and potentially add text. Doesn't sound like much, but I'd like to think that's some good progress from not knowing shit about the game 4 weeks prior.

Ongoing thread: http://core.the-gcn.com/index.php?/topic/721-wind-waker-hacking-thread/

An example, boss actor replacement by Sage of Mirrors/Fi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHFNzIOs2o4
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 11:16:56 PM »

Wow. Your progress on that is far faster than anything ever done on OoT. That's amazing.

Jason777

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »

First, I know this is an old topic. Second, I'm merely posting in here to see what has become of this project.

I'm still pretty interested in what has happened here.. so how goes it?

Anthus

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 06:45:34 AM »

First, I know this is an old topic. Second, I'm merely posting in here to see what has become of this project.

I'm still pretty interested in what has happened here.. so how goes it?

Thanks for you interest :) I have not been working on this however. I made several models in Sketch-Up, but never got around to importing any of them into OoT unfortunately. ROM hacking is something that I turned to as a hobby, but it is a bit complex for me at this time. If I ever find the time and resources, I'd like to build my own 3D engine, but that probably won't happen.

I will however, go ahead and post the .SKP file for my Eastern Palace model as I said I would. Maybe someone will be able to use this more than me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rdj0k27e3aydbtv

Jason777

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 01:23:35 AM »

Awesome. Thanks for the download, I'll be messing around with it for awhile.
Pages: 1 2 [3]