- 4 (80%)
no
- 0 (0%)
don't know
- 0 (0%)
I dont care
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: the great firewall  (Read 3434 times)

originaLink

• Wiki Contributor
    • MSN Messenger - censored@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - censored
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
the great firewall
« on: November 16, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »

:o aparent the us government is puting a kill swich on sites suspected of copywrite violations. Id  google it if I were you.
"This account is active only for nostalgic purposes. I am off to bigger things but i may pop in once in a blue moon. I have no ill feelings but I'm just one individual."

Master Hand

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: the great firewall
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 01:09:48 AM »

Are you referring to the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)?  It doesn't necessarily implement a "great firewall", but it will allow copyright owners/managers to take down websites that they deem to be participating in "infringing activities".  It also would remove the "safe havens" defined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which would allow for any videos on websites such as YouTube that contain copyrighted to be removed, be it music, clips from films, lyrics, or otherwise.  I'm oversimplifying it, but is it most certainly bad news for the Internet.

originaLink

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 10:15:56 PM »

Are you referring to the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA)?  It doesn't necessarily implement a "great firewall", but it will allow copyright owners/managers to take down websites that they deem to be participating in "infringing activities".  It also would remove the "safe havens" defined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which would allow for any videos on websites such as YouTube that contain copyrighted to be removed, be it music, clips from films, lyrics, or otherwise.  I'm oversimplifying it, but is it most certainly bad news for the Internet.
Thats exactly what I'm talking about but Im a little more conserned about the future of software emulation. I love it here... I hate Reading.
EDIT:
1 what i ment by reading was my city of birth.
2 wendsday was only the begining
3 mega upload was already terminated.
4 anoymouse IS PISSED TO HELL.
5 If this gets passed everyone here is endanger of getting fined or jailtime (mabe not xdaniel but you know what I mean).
6 Im in panic mode.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:44:46 PM by originaLink »
"This account is active only for nostalgic purposes. I am off to bigger things but i may pop in once in a blue moon. I have no ill feelings but I'm just one individual."

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 12:37:34 AM »

Hooray! My total ineffectuality pays off for it's first time!!

Vex Vega

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 11:59:36 PM »

:o aparent the us government is puting a kill swich on sites suspected of copywrite violations. Id  google it if I were you.
Old news.
<JeffSkilling> honestly, not really. not too big on the zelda

originaLink

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 08:57:13 PM »

Old news.
Because they decided to try to push it last week, It Just became current news.
Also Because Mega Upload went down alot of my favorite prototypes were also terminated from existence.
I admit that Im not as cluster fucked a I was last week but my biggest fear (the end of emulation) is not something to just toss aside vex. also If I do remember correctly (And this isnt the first time Ive said this, to you infact) I reported on this along time ago On this same thread to be exact(same typo and everything). you cant just label something "old news" because no one gives a shit about anything until it affects them personally.

PS

NOTE this is without sopa
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:59:09 AM by originaLink »

originaLink

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 02:23:13 AM »

http://z64.spinout182.com/index.php?topic=401.msg2402#msg2402
Looks like someones gone rouge (with a bit of cockiness in tone)