Z64

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out and improve the wiki!

Author Topic: Ocarina of time virtual console  (Read 2576 times)

Majora Link

• View Profile
    • Email
Ocarina of time virtual console
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:20:07 AM »

Hi all. Ok this is a bit of a hard question I'd assume, or maybe not. But on the virtual console version, since it is playing on the wii is it possible to make it do more stuff than available on the origianl? Like smooth out the models, or add more detail to them, and more detail to textures, etc. Or is it simply a self emulated game (built-in) don't know very much about them. Was just wondering if you could push it even farther than the other, and add stuff directly into it. Basically I'm trying to say can you make this run to the Wii's capacity or is it still gonna be stuck running to N64 capacity.

Euler

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Ocarina of time virtual console
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:31:53 PM »

It's just running through an emulator.

Zeth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 03:10:17 PM »

There's no way to literally add more polygons/detail to the models other then actually replacing them and even then the game is running under an emulator that still holds the same constraints the console did. The game can only limited size textures and limited modeled polygons. There really isn't much you can do, my suggestion is if you want to play an OOT with better detail, get a 3DS.

originaLink

• Wiki Contributor
    • MSN Messenger - censored@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - censored
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 07:23:56 PM »

you seriously need to stop confusing texture filters  with highres textures cause other than screen resolution, thats all vc does.
"This account is active only for nostalgic purposes. I am off to bigger things but i may pop in once in a blue moon. I have no ill feelings but I'm just one individual."

spinout

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 08:31:15 AM »

you seriously need to stop confusing texture filters  with highres textures cause other than screen resolution, thats all vc does.
...What?
When were texture filters mentioned prior to your post?

And I would suggest because instead of cause to avoid confusion, '...textures cause other than screen ...' makes absolutely no sense.
biggrin.gif