Z64

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out and improve the wiki!

Author Topic: The Arwing  (Read 2464 times)

Mallos31

• View Profile
    • Email
The Arwing
« on: January 19, 2013, 05:46:35 AM »

I noticed nothing's been posted on here for quite some time, so I figured I'd put something. I'm sure plenty have noticed that the flying animation the Arwing does, is the same as the one Volvagia does. I was playing Star Fox 2 for the SNES, and I found something interesting that made me figure out a reason why they may have used the Arwing. Here's a boss from the game.
I know it's kinda a shitty picture, but what can you do when you can only render like 200 polygons? Either way, Star Fox 2 was never released, so that's not really a connection a whole lot of people would make. That looks rather similar to Volvagia, and Miyamoto said himself that they took a lot of things that were in Star Fox 2 and put them into later N64 games. It's unimportant, but interesting.

SoulofDeity

• View Profile
Re: The Arwing
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:42:21 PM »

I think you may actually be onto something...lol, now I wanna play this game just to make a comparison myself ;D

Wareya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »

there was an interview with one of OoT's devs that justified the Arwing this same way

originaLink

• Wiki Contributor
    • MSN Messenger - censored@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - censored
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:06:20 AM »

there was an interview with one of OoT's devs that justified the Arwing this same way
I remember that as well
"This account is active only for nostalgic purposes. I am off to bigger things but i may pop in once in a blue moon. I have no ill feelings but I'm just one individual."