Z64

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out and improve the wiki!

Author Topic: why do "people" hate byuu  (Read 3540 times)

Wareya

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Email
why do "people" hate byuu
« on: February 12, 2013, 09:45:59 AM »

is it some stale internet drama people refuse to forget or something
from what I've seen byuu is a pretty cool guy and doesn't do anything remotely offensive but I've only been paying attention for a year and a half or so
it's like every single time someone mentions cycle-accuracy there's that one guy that goes "when did you turn into one of byuu's cronies?? >:(" or some shit like that
idgi

Wareya

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: why do "people" hate byuu
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:28:27 AM »

xdaniel

• Global Moderator
    • ICQ Messenger - 136250978
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 03:32:24 PM »

I don't know the whole story, but I don't get that hate either. I mean, if he has somehow pissed off the people at RHDN or elsewhere, okay, let them hate byuu, but there's no way he can have pissed off half of the internet?

Another thing I don't get is how MESS' progress with N64 emulation is applauded (or, well, it's being liked at least, as it's progress?), while with bsnes/higan it's "I can play these games already and on a slower computer, you emulator sucks!" or any other combination of accusations at the same time. Why does no one go "Your emulator can't play Ocarina of Time while Project64 can! UltraHLE can! Your emulator sucks!" or something about MESS?

It's like accurate emulation is a disease when byuu advocates it, and we should all go back to ZSNES v1.3x, Nemu v0.7, hgb, etc. because they work fine! In fact, I just downloaded hgb because I remembered it when thinking "old GB emulator", and it doesn't even run Prehistorik Man - no, it's not just missing the mid-scanline-write-supported scroller on the title screen, it outright crashes to a grey screen there!

...bleh, that's far from a coherent post, isn't it? Still gets my random points across I guess.
cu xdaniel

Nanami - Desktop:

Kazari - Notebook:

Wareya

• Wiki Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »

It seems pretty coherent to me, but I'm special at understanding things or something stupid like that.

Maybe a chunk of the flak for him comes from giving so much less userbase support with newer versions of his emulator. He brought back a lot of the reasonable stuff, like zip loading and "load straight from rom" in the interface, but gutting a lot of stuff was inevitable, as the emulator wouldn't have gotten anywhere near as far as it has in general if he weren't in charge of it. And people think losing support for things like rewinding in new versions is taking something away from them, even though they never paid him for anything and they can still use the old QT versions fine; and they still work better than any other snes emu out there. That's just my take on one of the potential sources of internet hate for him and what I think about it.

Arcaith

• Administrator
  • Keeping it real. Or something.
    • MSN Messenger - henna.gaikokujin@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 04:49:01 AM »

I think that in this instance, it's much as anything else. People like to polarize situations, and will scapegoat whoever is the easier target.
pantsu~

originaLink

• Wiki Contributor
    • MSN Messenger - censored@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - censored
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - censored
    • View Profile
    • censored
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 07:02:17 AM »

me personally? I think its pretty stupid
"This account is active only for nostalgic purposes. I am off to bigger things but i may pop in once in a blue moon. I have no ill feelings but I'm just one individual."