Z64

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Check out and improve the wiki!

Author Topic: RenegadeEX modification  (Read 1865 times)

Wareya

• View Profile
    • Email
RenegadeEX modification
« on: April 15, 2013, 06:25:45 PM »

This is an old version of RenegadeEX (new version readme linked), but modified to:
1) Look a little nicer (System as a default font for fixed width numbers? Really? No, Courier New. Also I disabled configuration because it didn't seem to work properly in-program anyway. Oh the woes of using outdated software like it's still 2007.)
2) Be able to jump directly to specific points in hooked memory, rather than having to slowly scroll 100% of the time.

So this is basically only useful as an alternative memory searcher to Nemu's, or an alternative RAM viewer because its own is crappy since you CAN'T scroll. Unfortunately, RenegadeEX does not have a MIPS -> GS/RAM assembler, so I can't use it for my usual hacking, just RAM scumming. So it's way out of the way and not really that useful anyway. But here it is.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1811521/REX.7z

Source code included, it is and was GPL and stuff.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:30:45 PM by Wareya »

spinout

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: RenegadeEX modification
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 08:19:54 AM »

wareya I need to make something for you so that you can upload stuff to my site instead of using these file hosts that will go down in a couple of years.
biggrin.gif

Wareya

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: RenegadeEX modification
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 10:40:24 AM »

that would be pretty cool

I would be surprised if dropbox went kaput, and for the moment I have everything on it backed up anyways since it mirrors a folder on my drive
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:53:29 AM by Wareya »